Life Transitions: A Worthy Living


                   


" Who I am now is the person that is built by a worthy time" – Charlene Rose Laynes


                     All of us have our own life history, past experiences and unforgettable memories. We live by learning and achieving our goals in life. For today's blog, I will show the "me" from the past up until this present time. How things go for me and what makes me unique to other people. And how do different sociological perspectives apply in every single stage of my life?

                    I am “Charlene Rose”, this is my sacred name and my one and only name that I could proudly broadcast in this world. Every part of me, of course, was an everlasting thanks to God. But I would also thank how my parents raised me through God's grace.



                      This is me when I was 0 to 1 year of age. Look how cute I am! Honestly, you may admit it or not, most of us are born cute and pretty hahaha. We are all unique in our own beauty, so be proud of it! So at this age, I can't remember anything yet, simply because this time I was not able to showcase full consciousness about myself and in my environment. I was born on October 12, the year 2000. My mother told me that the day I was born was also the day of my grandfather's death. My mama and Lola told me that I am the exchange of the life of my grandfather. They also believed that at this age I am very sociable. It is because I always smile and laugh. They say that I am not the kind of baby who cries a lot.  Many people also said that I am a lucky child. My grandmother always wins in gamble when I am with her. So many people borrowed me from my mother. And that's it! What about the sociological perspective applies in this stage of my life? I can say that Sigmund Freud's ideas about social interactions pave an important part of my life in this stage. As my mother said, I am a sociable child. I learned  and sensed my environment trough social interaction
  



                     The next picture is when I was 1 year and a half months old. The photo was taken in Alabang Filinvest Mall. This time, my mother let me have a stroll with my aunt in the mall. This looks like I'm having my photoshoot. Well, as you can see, there is full support and guidance that my companion shows in this picture.  Moreover, the theory fits well here is Bronfenbrenner's ecological theory of development. In this time of my life, I was in the microsystem wherein my family plays a vital role in my cognitive and physical development.






                    This picture was taken when I was in 4-6 years of age. This picture, according to my mom, was taken in a wedding pictorial, wherein I am the flower girl. Just look at my smile. It is pure and serene. I really like this picture. I loved how I smile in this photo even though I cannot remember too much at this event. The other picture is when I started schooling. That was my kindergarten graduation picture. When I was enrolled as a kindergarten student at that time I can remember the days where the thing that I only think and do is to play with my classmates. I can remember little from my age here but not clearly as I can. Moreover, for me again, Bronfenbrenner's theory fits really well here. The microsystem level is the most influential and has the closest relationship to the person ( my mama), and is the one where direct contact occurs.




                     
           The next photos above were taken when I was in my elementary years. When I started schooling, I already became an achiever. The first 2 photos were taken in my 5th grade, I can still remember that I became the top 1 in our class at that time. The pictures were taken during my recognition day and a normal day wherein I wear my school uniform. This is one of my favorite photos because, I can still remember how happy I am when my mother brought me that dress, considering that we don't have too much money at that time. You know, it is someone's happiness at that age especially to a girl to receive a beautiful dress like that. I also valued that picture and that dress because it is one of the proofs of my parents' pure love for me. The next picture was taken when I am in my 6th grade. That is my graduation day in elementary and a creative picture before my graduation. I graduated as the 1st honorable mention of class 2012 - 2013. I can still remember how proud my parents are at that time. Every time that I got the chance to be part of our school's yearly recognition, I feel really special. There is something inside me that always reminding my purpose of studying hard. This is the exchange of my parents' hardships each year. We've been through a lot of challenges and you know what, whether we shared bad or good experiences, my love for my family never change, and I hope until the end it would stay... 

                      The theory of Lev Vygotsky is the one that best portrays in this time of my life. The ZPD was develop trough me. Scaffolding of information and learning help me to achieve my potentials. This is also with the help of my family. It can also collaborate with Bronfenbrenner's theory, where microsystem, mesosystem, exosystem and macrosystem levels of development gives a great impact on the formation of my attitude, behavior, morals, ethics, and such. My immediate interaction in my environment, my established social connections, indirect environment, and learned social and cultural values respectively, influence me and help me achieve my achievements in this stage, which is prominent to my growth in this stage. This actually helps me a lot in being the person I am now.




                         I've been in junior high school at the age of 13 up until 16 years old. Ever since I entered junior high school, I luckily and thanks to God, because I was able to maintain my achievements achieved in school. At this stage of my life, my self-efficacy is highlighted. Thanks to my teachers who guided me in this stage of my life. The best applicable theory here is what Albert Bandura explained in his self-efficacy theory. Self-Efficacy Theory of Bandura follows the principle that people are likely to engage in activities to the extent that they perceive themselves s to be competent at those activities. It has an important implications with regard to my motivation. Then the next photo is when I graduated senior high school. These pictures show how I improve myself through the years.  From the age of 16 to 18, I can say that I changed and survive because of adaptation. Adopting my physical environment's norms as well as the culture, morals, ethics, and values of others are also related. This is very related to the natural selection theory.




                  

                Lastly, this picture is the present me together with my new found friends here in PNU. I studied my college education at the Philippine Normal School. You may ask why it is called a normal school? It is simply because a normal school is directly intended for teachers.  I am humbly proud to study in this university. It's a great privilege for me because not everyone has the opportunity to study here.  I may experience conflicts here (conflict theory), because of the adjustments that I need to do, but still, I will never ever forget my reason for studying here. I hope that in my 4 years of stay here, I can evolve myself as a person who is more responsible, innovative and functional member of the society.


TO GOD BE THE GLORY!


No comments:

Post a Comment